Wednesday, June 25, 2014

5th Anniversary of Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett passing

It's all over the news today remembering the passing of two iconic 70s/80s legends who also ironically passed on the same day, 5 years ago.  Farrah's passing was not unexpected because it had been reported, she had been battling cancer for a few years. Michael's passing,of course, had such earthquake like aftershocks world wide not seen since the death of the likes of Elvis or John Lennon.  Ryan O'Neal was heard to say on an interview he felt Michael's passing on the same day as Farrah "upstaged" her.
 Oh well, that's show business for ya, even in death



4 comments:

  1. Wow. I didn't realize they died on the same day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're forever connected now.

      Delete
  2. I like how you re-bodied your Farrah. Nice to see her able to stand and to pose rather than to just be stuck seated.

    It seems odd to think of anyone "upstaging" another person in death, doesn't it? I think I understand what he meant, but I would imagine people clinging on - hey, you first. No, dear ... you first. - rather than, okay, I'm kicking it today to make a bigger splash? That is a show-bizzy response. The world lost two talented individuals - I think that's the tragedy ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Dana, but you know Ryan O'Neal, ego as big as Texas.

      Delete