Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dolls with an Asian flair!

Two new dolls that I just had to have cause they're both so beautiful! One I had to order from a toy store straight from Bangladesh, India called RC Toys for 81.00 shipped (no worries, they have a facebook presence and a joy to work with). The other, after resisting ordering her off of ebay for 150.00, she turned up at barbiecollector.com for 39.00 last week and I just got her over the weekend.

First up is Fan BingBing, and a bried bio from wikipedia says Fan is a Chinese actress, singer and television producer. She was born in Qingdao but was raised in Yantai. She graduated from Shanghai Xie Jin Film and Television Art College and Shanghai Theatre Academy. She is also in the current X-Men movie Days of Future Past.








My next doll is Katrina Kaif and she was in the movie Dhoom3 and this is what the character the doll represents. Here is what her bio says: 
Katrina Kaif is a British Indian film actress and model. She is primarily known for her work in Bollywood films, though has also appeared in Telugu and Malayalam films.



 If you ask me if I have a favorite, hands down it's the Katrina Kaif doll, I just think she is so gorgeous. She really reminds me of Miss America, Nina Davaluri, who happens to be from my city and was Miss Syracuse before she became Miss New York and then Miss America. I think I am going to restyle her as Nina that is going to be my summer project. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. While they are both beautiful Bing Bings gown is outrageous! OMG! There is a very close likeness between Katrina and Nina! Congratulations on both of your acquisitions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I like your two new dolls. My favorite is Katrina Kaif. I had not seen before this doll. Great purchase. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - the Katrina Kaif Dhoom Barbie is the most gorgeous. Congrats on getting her.

    I look forward to your restyling of her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting both these beautiful ladies. I was tempted to get Fan Bing Bing when I was deciding what to get with my BC coupon. I love the uniqueness of her look and her dress is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the Katrina Kaif doll articulated? It looks like she is, but it's hard to tell for sure. The lack of articulation with the Fan BingBing doll is what has kept me from ordering her, though I do think her face and dress are beautiful,

    ReplyDelete