Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summer Project

I've been working on a sewing project for the summer as I am going to  enter a couple sewn doll dresses in competition in the NY State Fair.  I actually have a little theme, I'm doing a replica of two gowns worn by the reigning Miss America, Nina Davuluri, who happens to be from my home town of Syracuse and represented Syracuse and New York State in the pageants before winning Miss America.

Here are the dresses:




Here is what I've done so far:


I used the Katrina Kaif doll and gave her a little make-over and an updo. When I turn in everything, the parade dress will be on the dress form and the yellow dress will be on the doll and her hair will be down and I'll add a banner, crown, and sceptre.  This competition is not a big money prize at all but I'm just hoping to walk away with one of those cool blue ribbons you always see people get in fairs!

7 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I saw your pictures on Flickr. Great stitching work. Nice dresses. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Excellent job so far. You will do well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I wish you the best of luck in garnering one of those blue ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either that or some recipe for home made pickle relish.

      Delete
  4. Impressive start. Good luck completing the two outfits.

    ReplyDelete